Jan 7, 2006 8:33am
Official Netlabels 'new-style' bugs/feature requests thread - V1.11, Jan. 7th
OK, here's my list of problems I'm going to pass on - reply if you still have any others:
[IMPORTANT: The Archive is in the process of hiring another coder to help us fix some of these problems, but it may be a little while before they are all fixed.]
- The 'recent releases' RSS page seems to be broken and not showing most releases - http://www.archive.org/services/collection-rss.php?mediatype=audio&collection=netlabels&standalone=1
- Rather than using the pic intended as a thumbnail (releasename.jpg where releasename is the name of the directory), a number of releases such as http://www.archive.org/details/wh044
use a much higher-res pic such as the back cover and squash it into that space.
- Ogg vorbis files now have streaming options listed for them, but they don't work.
- The download numbers in the Most Downloaded Items table still don't accurately reflect the actual download numbers (as shown on each release page). They have updated since the server change.
- After you import a release, after you create it and check it in, there can be a period of some seconds or minutes where you can't start editing the XML, but it doesn't tell you why. This is both frustrating and confusing, unfortunately. The same thing happens after you finish editing the XML and before the item goes live.
- When a release has a ZIP in it that's noted as single-page processed TIFF ZIP, it doesn't include the 'Download whole directory' link, such as here: http://www.archive.org/details/Ouroboros
- On some releases that use .'s in the cat#, the 'Whole Directory' link kills the zip extension so you have to rename it once you've downloaded. example: http://www.archive.org/details/12rec.027
- When artist names are very long, they don't wrap over to a second line any more - see http://www.archive.org/details/fsz039
- Some items say they can't be edited, even though they are apparently valid and on the U.S. mirror - http://www.archive.org/details/rdm008
- When you edit a release and completely remove items, the details page shows the items as 'unknown', but when you come to edit the page to change that, you can't see the new items (presumably because the XML hasn't been updated to include them?) - see http://www.archive.org/details/mtk143
- There's no 'last 10 uploads' box on the main netlabels page any more, so a lot of people are mentioning that they can't find the new releases.
- The 'subcollections' link for featured labels on the main netlabels page picks in alphabetical order, plus happens to be displaying newly created labels right now because of an additional option I'm not picking. It should pick a random selection that would ideally change automatically regularly.
- The 'spotlight' section for individual releases on the main netlabels page just picks the first 10 alphabetical items (that have the old spotlight tag ticked?) It should pick a random selection that would ideally change automatically regularly.
- The Netlabels link on forum posts - underneath the usernames/date/time - still points to the old url format, as does the netlabels link on individual posts.
SPECIFIC BROKEN ITEMS THAT I CAN'T FIX RIGHT NOW
[v1.11 - Jan. 7th.]
This post was modified by simon c on 2006-01-07 16:33:43